If you’ve struggled with uneven teeth, you might have experienced one of these situations:
- Getting on a video call and hiding your crooked teeth.
- Meeting someone for the first time and smiling without showing your teeth.
- Feeling self-conscious about your teeth while posing for a picture.
- Wanting to have straight teeth but dreading braces.
You might also have a teen with crooked teeth who goes through some of these same feelings. The stress and disappointment can wear you down.
But what if you could have perfectly straight teeth? What if your bite were to look healthy and move just right? What would that mean to you? Or what would it mean if you could give that to your teenager?
Invisalign® is one of the best solutions for crooked teeth. They’ve supplied custom aligners to about 14 million patients so far. They are able to:
- Straighten whole rows of crooked teeth.
- Separate teeth that are crowded together.
- Get rid of underbites, overbites, and crossbites.
- Rotate an individual tooth.
- Correct tooth gaps.
Plus, patients are excited hearing they can have straighter teeth in just six months in many cases—all without the metal brackets or wires of traditional braces.
Macdonald orthodontics is in the top 1% of Invisalign providers. We get referral patients straight from the Invisalign website. We’re always punctual, fun, and family-friendly. You can get all your Invisalign and other orthodontic services completed in our caring, efficient office.
There’s Always Hope for Crooked Teeth
If you’ve had crooked teeth for many years, you might have built habits so that people won’t see them. Maybe you avoid smiling wide in pictures. You might even speak up less than you should or dread meeting new people.
It’s easy to lose hope when you don’t know what to do to improve things. But we see patients every day with the same feelings and thoughts—and they’ve gotten amazing smiles with Invisalign. Imagine if you could:
- Socialize More: Hop into that group picture confidently, chat with friends, and meet new people.
- Become More Confident at Work: You could speak up in meetings more, give presentations, talk to customers, ask for a raise—all with a gorgeous smile.
- Improve Your Dental Health: Evenly-spaced, straight teeth are easy to brush and floss, which helps keep teeth pristine for the long term.
Your goals are similar to the goals of many of our patients who are now happy with their amazing new smiles, thanks to Invisalign. If you have a vision of a better smile, we have the skills to get you there.
Invisalign: The Fast, Gentle Path to Straight Teeth
Patients get excited about the combination of surprising advantages Invisalign offers. It offers not only straight teeth but a beautiful road for getting there, which includes:
- No Metal: Invisalign creates aligners from comfortable, non-metal materials that never scrape or cut the soft tissues of the mouth.
- A Discreet Look: Invisalign is nearly invisible. Start to enjoy your smile as early as possible—without metal braces standing out in pictures, meetings, or social events.
- Convenience: Pull out your aligners when you eat and when you brush and floss. You will easily eat the foods you enjoy.
- Comfort: We never have to tighten Invisalign aligners like we do braces. You won’t have those uncomfortable days of saying, “Ugh, my braces just got tightened.”
Invisalign applies gentle pressure on your teeth moving them tiny fractions of an inch at a time. As you switch to each new aligner on your plan, your teeth will keep moving quickly and precisely.
Your Skilled Invisalign Doctors at Macdonald Orthodontics
After Dr. Edwin Macdonald started his practice in Tempe more than 50 years ago, his sons followed in his legacy and opened two offices—in Mesa and Gilbert. Drs. Keith and Robert Macdonald now give one-on-one attention to patients, creating custom plans for beautiful smiles.
We love using the most effective technology and training to give amazing results to patients—while treating them in a caring and respectful environment.
If you’re at all worried about orthodontic treatment, we’ll answer all your questions. We’re passionate about educating you and are happy to spend time with you. Better knowledge is the key to putting fears to rest. (We even give talks at local schools on dental health.)
Plus, we offer full-service orthodontic solutions here. We build your orthodontic records, scan your mouth, build appliances and retainers in our own lab, and more. Walk in with crooked teeth, and walk out with a treatment plan for straight teeth!
Exciting Advantages of Invisalign Aligners
A beautiful smile is quite an asset, but that’s only the first layer of the advantages you’ll get from Invisalign. Let’s dream about what you could enjoy.
A Healthier Bite
Is a pretty smile all that matters? As dentists, we also care about your “bite,” which is the way your upper and lower rows of teeth come together.
Your bite is the way you chew, talk, and smile. It even affects the way you swallow and how your facial muscles work together. A misaligned bite can hurt your jaw joints and wear down your teeth.
We’re excited that Invisalign can correct:
- Underbites: The bottom teeth rest in front of the top teeth. Fixing an underbite changes the shape of the face, shows off the beauty of your straight teeth, and even improves patients’ speech patterns.
- Overbites: The top teeth stick out farther than is ideal. Invisalign gradually brings the lower jaw forward—which also improves the look of the chin, strengthening your facial shape.
- Crossbites: When a bottom tooth sits in front of a top tooth and vice versa, we use Invisalign to move these individual teeth as the rest of the teeth and bite are moving.
Most bite issues are mild, and Invisalign is perfect for gradually moving the teeth and jaw into healthy, great-looking positions. All you do is wear your aligners, and your bite will start to feel more comfortable and look amazing.
Advantages Over Traditional Braces
We use metal braces when they’re needed—especially with children. But many adults and teens ask if there’s an alternative to metal wires and brackets.
That’s why we studied Invisalign and became a top 1% provider. We’re excited that you could enjoy:
- Fewer Emergency Adjustments: Active kids occasionally knock off a metal bracket on the playground and get a wire jabbing their cheek. None of that happens with Invisalign.
- No Distractions at Work or School: Adults and teens have meetings, classes, presentations, and more. You don’t need the distraction of metal brackets and wires.
- More Comfort: Because Invisalign never has to be tightened, you won’t have those days of sitting around with an ice pack on your cheeks. You don’t have time for that!
Of course, if you need metal braces, we’ll give you tips, support, and quality technology to help you enjoy a good experience with them. But we’ll be happy to evaluate if Invisalign would work for you instead!
Oral and Dental Health
Surprisingly, a beautiful smile and improved bite are more than cosmetic. They can also give you a better foundation for total oral health. How does Invisalign do this?
- Promoting Cleaner Teeth and Gums: Infections take hold more easily when teeth are crowded together—or spaced too far apart. By bringing gapped teeth together and separating crowded teeth, we help you brush and floss more effectively.
- Avoiding Food Issues During Treatment: With metal braces, patients have trouble cleaning their teeth thoroughly, struggling to floss around metal wires, for example. Food gets caught in metal brackets. The gums get neglected.
With Invisalign, you’ll clean your teeth and gums easily during treatment. Aligners pop out in two seconds, and you brush and floss normally. When you avoid cavities, your dream smile is a step closer.
An Ideal Solution for Teens and Adults
Invisalign fits into the busy schedules of teens, college students, and working adults. Teens don’t skip classes because of sore teeth. And adults don’t have metal brackets distracting others on a video call. The Invisalign system:
- Promotes Confidence: Some braces patients are self-conscious that brackets push their lips forward, along with reflecting light in photos. You might want to avoid them.
- Doesn’t Hurt Your Schedule: We ask you to come to as few maintenance appointments as we can. We give you batches of aligners and a simple plan to follow. Plus, you pop them out at meals, so you can eat easily and get back to the grind.
- Takes Less Time: You’ll be excited if you can get straighter teeth in just six months, as many patients do. You might even notice your smile looking better in weeks, which helps you keep motivated to commit to treatment.
Some treatments take longer than six months, of course, but Invisalign is often 40% quicker than metal braces, fitting into your work or school goals. We’ll focus on your smile; you focus on what you smile about.
What to Expect During the Invisalign Process
What really happens when you walk into Macdonald Orthodontics for an Invisalign appointment? Here are the main steps.
First, your dentist will make sure Invisalign is right for you. Here at Macdonald Orthodontics, we offer comprehensive orthodontic options, and there may be a method we feel is better for your situation. We want to work with ideal candidates and give you amazing results. Your consultation will include:
- An Exam: Your dentist evaluates the health of your teeth, gums, and jaw to find out if they should respond well to Invisalign.
- Records Review: We search your dental and medical records for any issues that could modify your treatment.
- Scans: We use 3D scanning technology to create a detailed map of your mouth.
If we think Invisalign would best serve your health needs, we can start designing your custom aligners and personalized plan using Invisalign software.
Want some extra motivation? Ask for the computer’s estimate of what your final smile will look like. We can print it out. Put it next to your mirror at home, and look at it to remind yourself to keep wearing your aligners!
If you agree to move forward, we’ll send your information to Invisalign’s labs. Using the largest network of 3D printers in the world, they’ll precisely create your series of aligners from comfortable and advanced materials.
Each aligner is designed to move your teeth a little further toward your ideal smile. In your next appointment, we’ll show you how to put them on your teeth and wear them well.
Using Your Aligners Day and Night
Invisalign works best when you wear your aligners 20–22 hours every day. It’s vital you wear them while you sleep, at work, while socializing, and more.
But, of course, you take them out while you eat and when you clean your teeth, remembering to clean both your teeth and the aligners before you place them back in.
We’ll send you home with several sets of aligners and a simple plan to swap them out every few weeks. You can even get reminders on the Invisalign app to help you.
Each set of aligners is clearly marked, and it’s simple to grab the next set and put them in when you’re prompted.
Remember, they’re carefully planned based on millions of previous cases. They will faithfully and quickly move your teeth if you follow your schedule.
Plus, we’ll schedule a checkup appointment with you occasionally. This is to professionally make sure you’re making great progress that you’ll be happy with. We want you to enjoy your awesome new smile as soon as you can.
Switching to Retainers
Retainers are expected at the end of any orthodontic treatment. Don’t worry—you’ll only wear them at night. You can show off your beautiful smile all day long, free of aligners.
Before bed, pop in your custom retainers. Made from the same advanced materials as aligners, they’re comfortable and easy to wear. Most importantly, they’ll gently keep your new smile and prevent your teeth from drifting back to their old ways. You’ve done great work to get your smile, and retainers let you keep it.
Schedule an Invisalign Consultation at Macdonald Orthodontics
If you’re a new patient, our first priority will be the consultation. That includes:
- An oral exam to find any dental or oral health issues.
- Dental x-rays, when needed.
- A review of your medical and dental history.
- A personalized treatment plan.
- Time to ask your questions and get answers.
- A financial consultation.
If you don’t understand your dental insurance, don’t worry. We’re happy to look it over with you, along with discussing other financial ideas, such as payment plans.
Remember, Invisalign aligners can work wonders for patients from teens to grandparents. They shape new smiles with nearly invisible technology that has helped millions of other patients like you.
Call Today to Learn More and Start Your Invisalign Treatment!
At Macdonald Orthodontics, we create beautiful smiles while respecting your time. We stick to our schedule and help our patients get orthodontic results fast. We also create a caring and respectful atmosphere for each patient where you can ask questions and get honest answers.
Schedule your initial consultation to find out if Invisalign or another solution will give you the smile of your dreams.